- Investment Strategy
TIIC invests in all the sub-sectors of transport infrastructure, such as airports, ports, railway, car parks, logistic platforms, but with a principal focus on roads.
Geographically, TIIC invests in the European Union countries, in North America and, subject to a limit, in Latin America with a focus in Brazil, Chile and Mexico. TIIC seeks to invest primarily in countries where it has strong competitive advantages and contacts.
Target Transaction Size
TIIC intents to allocate circa EUR 10M to EUR 25M in each investment, which will lead to a portfolio up to 10 assets.
Mix of transport infrastructure projects, as follows:
- 50% in primary transactions (“greenfield”): development of new assets.
- 50% in secondary transactions (“brownfield”): privatization, acquisition or re-financing of existing assets.
TIIC invests in both minority and majority shareholdings as long as they provide sufficient management influence to secure TIIC’s position as an active investor, enabling the possibility to transfer corporate and financial expertise to the target investments.
TIIC expects to hold companies for approximately 6 to 8 years.
• No more than 25% of TIIC’s aggregate funding commitments shall be invested in any single transaction.
• No more than 20% of TIIC’s aggregate funding commitments shall be invested in Latin America.
• Apart from roads, where no concentration limit is contemplated, a maximum of 30% of total commitments can be invested in a single sector.